Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A Little About Sophia

So since this blog will most likely be about my little cutie Sophia Grace I thought I would tell you about her and share some darling photos.

Sophia will be 5 months tomorrow! She was born October 13 ... six weeks early! Her due date was November 22. Needless to say my husband and I were taken by total surprise when my water broke in the middle of the night. I had one more day of work before my maternity leave started. I was so looking forward to the time off to get everything in order for the baby. I hadn't even packed a hospital bag for me or the baby! (Next time I will be prepared by 30 weeks) So no rest for me! She was born very healthy she just wanted out early. She weighed 4lbs and 10oz. She was so tiny but perfect. I have ALWAYS wanted to be a mom! I watched TLC's Baby Story on a daily basis. I think I was obsessed. I pictured myself having a picture perfect birth story. Like I would be a natural and all would go well and she would be out in 3 pushes! Well Sophia had other plans. I had to have an emergency c-section. That was NOT what I pictured! Her umbilical chord was wrapped around her neck and body. Every time I contracted her little heart rate dropped. Very scary. Luckily all was fine and I had a perfect baby. She stayed in the NICU for one week. I look back now and can't believe she was ever that small. She weighs around 12 lbs. She is a petite little muffin. She is so strong though. She LOVES to jump in her jolly jumper. The first time I put her in her jumper she made me laugh so hard! She looked like a Riverdancer. She kicked her legs like mad but her upper body lay still at her sides. So hilarious. I wish I had a video camera! She rolls from her tummy to her back. Although she protest loudly if she has to do "tummy time" for too long. She does not have any teeth yet. I can't feel any teeth coming in but she drools A LOT and loves to eat her hands. I could go on for days about her but I will spare you for today.

Just one more thing. I had a look from her today that is a sign of things to come! I had to change her diaper so I brought her to her change pad and I started being a dork (like usual) and singing some crazy song to her and she looked at me with her eyebrows raised like "mom you are so annoying". Ahh looking forward to the teenage years!

Here is Sophia and I when she was just 3 weeks old!
Here she is rockin' her red bathing suit at 4.5 months!

And this is the first BIG smile caught on camera just about a week ago!