Friday, June 13, 2008

No, I Didn't Forget About You

So here we are in Vancouver and Sophia has gotten the flu! This is the first time Sophia has had the flu and let me just tell you it sucks!! My poor baby girl. She is now starting to feel better and has managed to keep food down. Phew. Talk about ripping your heart out. I think it is the absolute worst feeling seeing your baby sick. 

How did the plane ride go you ask.....she did so well!!  No problems. Mommy was so proud! She was all peachy keen and happy until Wednesday. Then she got a high fever and was miserable. I kept thinking "is it her teeth bothering her"?? Nope, it was the nasty flu! This is the first moment of down time that I have had. She is cozily sleeping at the moment and I can start to feel relaxed again. sigh. I have had to cancel our plans for the last few days and just hunkered down at Grama's and Grampa's house. Luckily I was with my sister and mom who have some experience in sick babies. So we were in good hands.

I don't have too many pictures of Sophia since she hasn't been her model self. I have a few from the day before she was hit with the flu bug and tons of her cutie pie cousin Samuel. 
However... after just trying to upload the pics from my mom's fancy huge mac I am clueless on how to actually do it. And to be honest don't feel like taking the time to figure things out. Mommy wants her some down time to just veg out!

I promise you a gazillion pics once we are at home again and I am reunited with my ancient laptop.




3 comments:

Christy said...

Oh no! I hope your baby girl is feeling better.

amanda said...

ok friend - i didn't know you were going to be gone this long!!

hope sophia is all better and you have enjoyed many, many trips to target :)

miss you!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your baby girl was sick! Hope she is feeling better!

Ok, this is totally off topic, but thank you for the link to the McAvoy pics!! Loved them!! I'd never seen his wife, but I have to say that I like her. She is pretty normal looking and I love that he didn't choose a stick thin swimsuit model. So although I'd rather he was walking down the streets of NYC with me, I'll settle for her.