Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Immunizations - Neccesary Evil

So yesterday Sophia went for her 6 month immunizations. She was such a good girl. She cried after the initial pokes but recovered quickly. The nurse told us Sophia's weight and height was in the 50th percentile for her adjusted age of 4.5 months. She said she is just right... not too chubby not too skinny. Wish I could say the same about myself. Anyway while we were there the nurse asked me when I last had a tetanus shot. I had no idea. I guess we get them in grade 9 and need them every 10 years. News to me. So off she went to get me a dose of the vaccination..eek! So Sophia and I were comrades in the shots department yesterday. I only had one shot she had two. Anyways this morning she woke up sooo cranky and crying and was inconsolable. Meanwhile my left arm was so stiff and sore. My poor baby has two sore legs. Yesterday I put her in her jumper so she could get movement in her legs since that helps from getting sore. I guess it wasn't enough. She won't even jump on my lap like she usually does when held upright...poor baby!! It has been a long day for us. I am hoping she has a good nights sleep and her legs start to feel better tomorrow.

On a brighter note Sophia has done something I am so pleased about. She now can put herself to sleep in her crib. Usually I hold her until she is deep asleep and carefully transfer her to her crib. She tends to wake up from the transition and I have to sooth her back to sleep. But she now lays down drowsy but still awake and will put her self to sleep..YAY! This is a big thing for us. I gave her a little brown bear the other day (we call him Buster). She loves to snuggle him close to her face. I think all she needed was to feel like she had someone to hold onto and isn't alone in her big crib...so sweet!! So proud of my baby!


Here is Sophia with Buster...

Sophia sitting on mommy and Daddy's bed...

Sophia showing off her cute lil leggies...

No comments: