Saturday, June 6, 2009

simple simple, easy peasy

Insomnia has been striking lately.

I heard that when you cant sleep instead of fighting it laying in bed to get up and do something.

So last night as I was struggling to find sleep I mod podged.

I have had a love affair with mod podge for quite some time.

Even my garbage pail is mod podged.

I had this idea tucked away for a while.

Take your ugly everyday mousepad and pick out some cute fabric. Add mod podge and voila a much prettier mousepad is yours!

(*side note-those little tootsies in the frame are Sophia's when she was just three days old. )




Part of my love of being crafty is buying the fabric, the paper and the supplies.

Sadly I don't use all of the beautiful papers and fabrics and they sit hidden.

So the other easy peasy project I did last night at 1:30am was to frame paper.





Simple and inexpensive. The other nice thing is if I want a new look all I have to do is swap new paper into the frames. And dont worry those little tins will be mod podged soon. I have tealights in them and they look so glowie and sparkly at night.


Instead of placing my extra fabrics in a box I displayed them on my cake platter. This cake platter was one of many used at my wedding for the table centerpiece's. We had flowers, candles and m&m's sitting on them.

So now I have a cake platter full of fabric and it looks so yummy.



7 comments:

Lindsey said...

Super cute ideas! I love the framed paper!!
I'm always up super late, too. And it's usually on the computer doing nothing. Maybe I should start getting crafty??

Sara Brown said...

Nice work..looks brilliant!

Unknown said...

I love your mod podging!! I've been wanting to do the frame thing, too and after seeing how cute yours is...I must do it!

And I love your fabrics...Love them!!

PS--I cannot sleep as of lately...I think I need to stock up on more crafty things to do!

Jen said...

Adorable crafty ideas!! I love how you have everything displayed. So cute!

Christy said...

I have been suffering from insomnia for months. Maybe instead of tossing and turning in bed, I start being crafty like you.

Anonymous said...

So crafty LOLO Love it! cant wait to give it a wirl!

ChrissyPoo

Scrappy Girl said...

I see you are a Shopaholic fan too...the DVD comes out on the 23rd! Did you see it in theatres? If so, what did you think?