Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mommy Guilt, Bloggy Guilt

* I have been feeling guilty about the lack of activities for Sophia these days. I feel very couped up and am running out of ideas to keep her entertained. I was really good about doing fun things when she was smaller. I don't know what happened. So I signed us up for swimming lessons and monthly library story times. My guilty conscious was appeased.

*We started our swimming lessons today. We have both come down with colds and I thought about not going to our first lesson. But I decided to go ahead with it. BIG mistake! Sophia hated the class and was cold the whole time. I felt miserable and the guilt came creeping back.

*She has now been napping for 3 hours! Don't worry she is fine. I have checked on her 8 times. My mommy guilt is in overdrive.

*I think one of the reasons I have been uninspired with exciting activities is that I have no down time for myself and therefore have become lazy.

* So I have devised a new schedule for my life.

* Are you ready for it? I know it is truly riveting, edge of your seat stuff.

6:00am - 9am -*WORK (creep down to the basement with my laptop, so i don't wake anyone)

9:00 - 12:00 - Be an awesome mommy to Sophia.

12:00 - 2:00 - Sophia naps and I go to the **gym, clean up or do whatever the heck I want.

2:00- 5:30 -Be an awesome mom to Sophia, make fabulous healthy dinner, eat it.

5:30 - 7:15 - Evening playtime with daddy and mommy.

7:15 - Bath time fun.

7:30 - Sophia's bedtime. I crash on the couch and glare at the dirty dishes for the rest of the night.


*I used to work while Sophia napped.

**this is a new concept, but a really needed concept. Also, Chris works from home 80% of the time these days, I would NOT leave my child alone while she naps...obviously!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this will leave me with some sort of "me"time. And maybe even a little blog time. I have tried multiple times to add videos to the blog of Sophia being super cute and me being super annoying in the background but apparently the files are ginormous and wont work. I will try and figure that out. I have stopped taking pictures and have taken videos but that doesn't do any good when I can't post them.

Must stop and go check on Sophia again, this long nap is freaking me out!

3 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

Sounds like a plan!

I know I am a much better mommy when I have some "me" time...I get so burned out if I don't.

amanda said...

love the schedule friend.

when did she finally wake up?? could she share her napping skillz with beans?

BabaLinda said...

Hey Babe.....NO GUILT